Friday, February 19, 2010

Blogging comments!!

As you all know, I am on the road this week-end and yes, I have my laptop, but unfortunately, I forgot the power cord, so I am going to comment on blogs until I run out of power. So if you do not see any comments after today, blame it on my missing power cord. See you all next month!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello there,

    I just wanted to share my adventure into Winnipeg to the Grief and Loss two day workshop that was held on February 24,& 25th.
    Not that it sounds pretty weird going to a workshop about "death", where other participants ranged also from funeral directors to palliative care workers. Yep. I can't believe that I was talked into going, but you know what? It was not at all what I thought...If that makes any sense.
    So, there was this Dr.Wolfelt, an all American Psychologist, who became interested in learning about children and getting them to "teach him" about dealing with grief and loss. He was a very motivational speaker and I found that his dry sense of humor ( I guess you have to have this, especially when dealing with death all the time) and actual empathetic attitude for his clients was very interesting to listen to. He became a counselor for mainly children, with his youngest client being only 18 months old. Yes, he mentioned that children who are old enough to love are old enough to grieve, and this child was grieving for her mother who had died.
    The workshop discussed ways of how to help or learn about children and teens who have lost some significant figure in their lives. What I had noticed about this speaker, is that he was pretty genuine and really knew what he was talking about. I couldn't help relating to Dr. Neufeld's theories of stuckness, and in fact, these grieving children become "stuck" when they do not deal with loss in their lives properly. Yes it was worth going to the Peg, and it was a great workshop, and I'm not saying this to look like a sadistic sicko or anything. I think I will share more about this in the newsletter.

    MMI

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that would be an excellent addition to our yearbook. Do you have photos from the workshop?

    ReplyDelete