First of all, I don't think that technology is all that it is or makes out to be. So China is becoming "more smarter, more populated, more anglo speaking, and perhaps more educated...than U.S. and us, but this is our country. I think that this is up for debate about being such a free loving country, especially now that there is so much violence and terrorism beginning to surface even here in the land of the maple leaf. Secondly,I think that it will be years for computers and robots to take over "humanizing jobs" ie. teaching... We are human and no one has yet developed a robot or computer that has actual feelings. They can't tell if a child is hurt. Hurt can be defined in different ways,(ie. falling down and hurting, resulting in crying; or crying because a child has hurt feelings) and it will be scary when technology will do this. Love the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack music to the video.
Hi I have seen and used this site before. Mrs. Nadine Yetman was the one who introduced me to this site. There should be something like this: CreeTeacherTube.com - this would help pass our materials and resources around efficiently.
Gosh...I don't know how I feel about the projections and facts in this video. I feel somehow afraid. I already as a student-teacher feel overwhelmed. It seems like I can never keep up. Even during my first degree I remember buying a textbook and by third year in Psychology some new study or breakthrough would happen and no one would want to buy my textbook the new edition had better stuff/more current information.
Technology is in my mind, supposed to make life easier so we can prioritize and spend less time doing things that don't mean that much to leave us with more time to spend time with people, our family, friends and community.
I'm unsure what I think about where we are headed. But I also know that no computer can ever replace the human brain, I don't believe that, I think the brain is connected to what I call the soul and it cannot be replicated by a computer.
This information was not new to me, but it was presented in a very dramatic format (and in a sort of distopian prediction). I feel that this video only further supports the notion that we need to teach our students how to think, not what to think, how to be global citizens, and how to unleash their creativity - these are the aspects of their education that will take them further and enable them to adapt to the world around them. We will never be able to keep up with the technology (by the time we teach it, it will be replaced by something else)...but we need to make sure that our students have the skills to be lifelong learners.
teachertube has never worked for me. I have tried to use it in the classroom but the videos wouldn't load and there was hardly any content available. I think that most people have resorted back to using trusty youtube. i just tried to use teachertube again and the page wouldn't even install. it was the same issue as last year so i doubt i will look at teacher tube again. :(
The video was very interesting, but how can we teach these new technologies to our students when in some communities do not have computers?
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, I don't think that technology is all that it is or makes out to be. So China is becoming "more smarter, more populated, more anglo speaking, and perhaps more educated...than U.S. and us, but this is our country. I think that this is up for debate about being such a free loving country, especially now that there is so much violence and terrorism beginning to surface even here in the land of the maple leaf. Secondly,I think that it will be years for computers and robots to take over "humanizing jobs" ie. teaching... We are human and no one has yet developed a robot or computer that has actual feelings. They can't tell if a child is hurt. Hurt can be defined in different ways,(ie. falling down and hurting, resulting in crying; or crying because a child has hurt feelings) and it will be scary when technology will do this. Love the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack music to the video.
ReplyDeleteHi
ReplyDeleteI have seen and used this site before. Mrs. Nadine Yetman was the one who introduced me to this site. There should be something like this: CreeTeacherTube.com - this would help pass our materials and resources around efficiently.
Gosh...I don't know how I feel about the projections and facts in this video. I feel somehow afraid. I already as a student-teacher feel overwhelmed. It seems like I can never keep up. Even during my first degree I remember buying a textbook and by third year in Psychology some new study or breakthrough would happen and no one would want to buy my textbook the new edition had better stuff/more current information.
ReplyDeleteTechnology is in my mind, supposed to make life easier so we can prioritize and spend less time doing things that don't mean that much to leave us with more time to spend time with people, our family, friends and community.
I'm unsure what I think about where we are headed. But I also know that no computer can ever replace the human brain, I don't believe that, I think the brain is connected to what I call the soul and it cannot be replicated by a computer.
This information was not new to me, but it was presented in a very dramatic format (and in a sort of distopian prediction). I feel that this video only further supports the notion that we need to teach our students how to think, not what to think, how to be global citizens, and how to unleash their creativity - these are the aspects of their education that will take them further and enable them to adapt to the world around them. We will never be able to keep up with the technology (by the time we teach it, it will be replaced by something else)...but we need to make sure that our students have the skills to be lifelong learners.
ReplyDeleteteachertube has never worked for me. I have tried to use it in the classroom but the videos wouldn't load and there was hardly any content available. I think that most people have resorted back to using trusty youtube. i just tried to use teachertube again and the page wouldn't even install. it was the same issue as last year so i doubt i will look at teacher tube again. :(
ReplyDelete