Friday, November 5, 2010

Big big lake.....

The lake as far as the eye can see, that is Lake Athabasca. It can bring sorrow as well as happiness to those who have felt its' wrath. I have been blessed to have gone out on this beautiful body of water once and have felt very vunerable and tiny. The water is a sacred element to those who follow the Aboriginal teachings from our grandfathers and grandmothers. Water quenches our thirst when we are in a sweat lodge and water is used in blessings in other spiritual gatherings as well. As I recall, Pocahontas looks out on the great lake and sees her John Smith for the first time. Many a day I would walk to the lake and look out and wonder, when will I meet my John Smith? Is he looking for me as well? Will we see each other for the first time across an expanse of water just like Pocahontas did?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you. I miss you guys too. I think of NCN alot since I left Thompson. Your students are lucky to have you for a teacher. I am honoured to have been your instructor. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete