I thought that this website is one of the best that I have seen on the net. I think that I am going to introduce this website to my husband. I like the teachers wit part!
I too like the section on wit and wisdom. It is almost like that section should be a part of your everyday reading because its anecdotes can bring humour and reflection to your outlook on teaching.
A real good laugh in the therapeutic way.
The section called hardbark is interesting. We always talk about teaching the students to be resilient but have not focused much on making ourselves resilient. At least not lately. But this is pivotol to getting through a hard day where kids are stabbing themselves, each other, and even the teacher. I had a day like that, and while it was unfolding I kept an image of George Costanza's dad screaming at the top of his lungs, "SERENITY NOOOOOOOOW."
Interesting site. I think that this site hits all areas of education, including the real life situations, of having to have humor and wit, and even the mentality of "hard bark" which I think we have all seen or encountered somewhere or another... Just another one of those "things that make you go, Hmmmmm?". Oh the reality of becoming a teacher! I Can't wait!!!
Oooh good one. This has made it to my bookmarks.Chalk full of excellent tips and resources. It has already answered a lot of my questions.
ReplyDeleteI thought that this website is one of the best that I have seen on the net. I think that I am going to introduce this website to my husband. I like the teachers wit part!
ReplyDeleteI really like this website.....if I only knew about this when we first started school. Great tips for teachers and students.
ReplyDeleteI too like the section on wit and wisdom. It is almost like that section should be a part of your everyday reading because its anecdotes can bring humour and reflection to your outlook on teaching.
ReplyDeleteA real good laugh in the therapeutic way.
The section called hardbark is interesting. We always talk about teaching the students to be resilient but have not focused much on making ourselves resilient. At least not lately. But this is pivotol to getting through a hard day where kids are stabbing themselves, each other, and even the teacher. I had a day like that, and while it was unfolding I kept an image of George Costanza's dad screaming at the top of his lungs, "SERENITY NOOOOOOOOW."
Interesting site. I think that this site hits all areas of education, including the real life situations, of having to have humor and wit, and even the mentality of "hard bark" which I think we have all seen or encountered somewhere or another... Just another one of those "things that make you go, Hmmmmm?". Oh the reality of becoming a teacher! I Can't wait!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great website, it has more than enough information to prepare teachers. Thanks Rheda, I'll find this site very useful.
ReplyDelete