Thursday, January 21, 2010

Technology good or bad?

Here is another site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW_pBLzhpfI

6 comments:

  1. My oldest kids are 11 and 14. They are already avid users of technology. I think that with proper guidance they will be able to take full advantage of computers for learning. Like a character on Star Trek, my oldest daughter wears her cellular phone at the hip. I remember watching a show called "How William Shatner changed the world." Here is the link to Captain Kirk (19 second video):

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LAA9SK2sM4&feature=related

    OK OK THAT WASN'T REALLY THE SITE. BUT KIRK NEVER FAILS! EVEN NOW HE SHOWS YOU HOW THE WORLD CAN GET TO KNOW THAT SOMETHING IS FUNNY ENOUGH TO BE SHARED 1.2 MILLION TIMES.

    Here is the real links. Please check em out:


    (1 minute 19 seconds):

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY5tiewv4U8


    (2 minutes 24 seconds):

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGyQVO62QM0&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think technology can be a great thing...if introduced in the right way. We need to be cautious but enthusiastic at the same time. I am troubled that we are becoming a "spell check society" where it is becoming the norm for people to have a blind faith and dependence on technology rather than recognizing it for what it is...a tool. I got the message from the video but I do not feel that it was as effective as the one with the messages on dry-erase boards. The music on this one is a bit annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BV, how come none of your links work properly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey BV are you a trekkie to? Technology isn't the same when you live out in the "boonies" (NCN). We are still waiting for high speed internet! It takes me 15 minutes to download one measely song. Now the rest of Canada and the developed world is moving full speed ahead with 3D television and holographic computer screens. It truly depends on where you live, that technology has a good or bad affect on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Technology is what you want it to be, we are all different learners, some appreciate it, some don't apreciate it, It's all up to the individual.
    Some are afraid of change.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PURPLENAILS,
    Hi you have to copy and past those links into your address bar.

    ReplyDelete